- 03/25/15 Public Health Scientist with Expertise in Population Science Studies in Cancer
- 02/24/15 Behavioral Public Health Scientist with Expertise in Diabetes Prevention and Control, Weight Management, Obesity Prevention, Physical Activity, or Nutrition
- 02/20/15 Public Health Scientist with focus in Epidemiology
- 03/04/14 Senior Scientist with Research Expertise in Complementary and Alternative/Integrative Medicine
- 02/01/14 Public Health Scientist with Expertise in Disparities and Health Behavior
Public Health News
Maria Rosario (Happy) Araneta PhD, was appointed by the Secretary of Health and Human Services to a 4 year term to serve on the NIH Advisory Council of the National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities. The Advisory Council is developing a transformational health disparities research agenda for the next decade, provides advice regarding the Institute's research and training activities, and conducts the second level of review and recommends approval of grant applications and cooperative agreements.
Ronghui (Lily) Xu has been honored by the ASA honored by the American Statistical Association (ASA) as a 2013 Fellow. Individuals are nominated by their peers, and honorees are recognized for outstanding professional contributions to and leadership in the field of statistical science.
Kevin Patrick, MD, MS has been selected as co-chair of one of four main subcommittees for the President’s Precision Medicine Initiative, a bold new research effort to build a cohort of 1 million individuals that will support discovery of new gene-drug-behavior-environment interactions.
Linda L. Hill, MD, MPH and the UCSD Training, Research and Education for Driving Safety (TREDS) program were recently featured on PBS News Hour.
Kudos to the following Department faculty who were rated among San Diego County’s Top Docs by San Diego Magazine’s Physicians of Exceptional Excellence survey:
Welcome to the Department of Family Medicine and Public Health, where our mission is to improve Public Health through preventive, behavioral, epidemiologic and clinical research, education and clinical care.
Dr. William Norcross loves older people."I think that's because I had such a wonderful relationship with my grandparents," said the geriatrics specialist, family physician and Professor of Clinical Family Medicine at UC San Diego since 1978.